Biography: Yes, enable.
Interests: Fixing And Painting Cars, And Phones

join date  Join Date: February 7th, 2007
location  Location: Grand Rapids, MI
post count  Posts: 45,880
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Thanked 46,697 Times in 17,624 Posts

View D/\SH's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View D/\SH's Photo Album Add D/\SH's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Default Nexus One Sold Only 20,000 Units

Nexus One Sold Only 20,000 Units

The reports have come in, and the highly anticipated Google Phone, the Nexus One, has only sold 20,000 units in its first week. This is not a lot when compared to the other popular phones (Droid, iPhone, and even some Windows Mobile phones). The Verizon Wireless Droid sold about 250,000 in its first week. Google hasn’t done traditional advertising for this phone like Verizon and Motorola did for the Droid. They’ve only used their Google AdSense to advertise on websites (you’ve probably seen them on our site), and other internet marketing only. Also, you can’t buy it in stores, only from Google’s website. Could it also be the fact that its only available on T-Mobile (or At&t without 3G and full price)? Perhaps when it gets released for Verizon sales will pick up.
Analysts have estimated that there would be 5-6 million Nexus One phones sold this year, so even though its a slow start, maybe things will pick up eventually.
So far the biggest reported issue is 3G connectivity, which HTC and T-Mobile are working on as we speak.
Source: AndroidCentral
The Following User Says Thank You to D/\SH For This Useful Post:
puertoblack2003 (01-13-2010)
Old 01-13-2010
Supporter/Designer

Interests: Cars, BBall, PPC's, Music

join date  Join Date: April 1st, 2008
location  Location: San Juan Puerto Pico
post count  Posts: 3,431
Thanked 6,828 Times in 1,847 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Default Re Nexus One Sold Only 20000 Units

wow, thats surprising to see....

even the Pre way sold more units on Sprint
Old 01-13-2010
Supporter/Designer

View D/\SH's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View D/\SH's Photo Album Add D/\SH's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Default Re: Re Nexus One Sold Only 20000 Units

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

wow, thats surprising to see....

even the Pre way sold more units on Sprint
yea but you got to loo at the advertisement... did you see anything on tv for it yet or anything by t-mobile? when advertising gets out and ready it will blossom... im really surprised that they didnt advertise the hell out of it unless they soon have something up their sleeves which wouldnt surprise me the least.
Old 01-13-2010
Supporter/Designer

join date  Join Date: April 10th, 2008
location  Location: Philly, P.A.
post count  Posts: 2,655
Thanked 5,428 Times in 1,679 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I guarantee that the NEXUS ONE will end up being a greater disappointment in sales than the pre was for sprint...so many mistakes, no out the box multi-touch implementation, terrible advertising for the mainstream, besides snapdragon processor not really all that amazing compared to current landscape of devices...I mean all the rumors prior to pictures being released made me think google would make their own phone and put hardware together themselves like apple and palm have done...and i thought this devices would be the shit...but it really doesnt scream out to me for some reason...android app store is great, but that come with any android device...i think the snapdragon is the only hot stuff...I am getting excited for rumored apple tablet and att iphone 4g...unless apple or verizon announces an iphone and then I am making the switch to verizon!
Old 01-13-2010
Supporter/Designer

“ Originally Posted by ICEM/\N View Post

I guarantee that the NEXUS ONE will end up being a greater disappointment in sales than the pre was for sprint...so many mistakes, no out the box multi-touch implementation, terrible advertising for the mainstream, besides snapdragon processor not really all that amazing compared to current landscape of devices...I mean all the rumors prior to pictures being released made me think google would make their own phone and put hardware together themselves like apple and palm have done...and i thought this devices would be the shit...but it really doesnt scream out to me for some reason...android app store is great, but that come with any android device...i think the snapdragon is the only hot stuff...I am getting excited for rumored apple tablet and att iphone 4g...unless apple or verizon announces an iphone and then I am making the switch to verizon!

hahaha another to verizon.... see guys they arent that bad one by one im turning many from sprint hahahah do me wrong i do you wrong

im to about 100 users now :)
Old 01-13-2010
mzlady26

Biography: I am from Grand Rapids, MI born & raised I hate Ohio and SNOW!
Interests: Cooking, Reading

join date  Join Date: January 17th, 2009
location  Location: Ohio
post count  Posts: 1,388

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Default Re: Nexus One Sold Only 20,000 Units

If they were with VZW and SPRINT they might have seen bigger numbers, just my 2 cents. Plus when you don't spend big $$ on advertising you are not going to have big numbers.
Old 01-13-2010
Supporter/Designer

“ Originally Posted by mzlady26 View Post

If they were with VZW and SPRINT they might have seen bigger numbers, just my 2 cents. Plus when you don't spend big $$ on advertising you are not going to have big numbers.
exactly and it is coming to verizon already comfirmed as well as vodafone... voadfone and verizon are each the largest in their country and vodafone the world so that will spike sales... im surprised they didnt sell more though since t- mobile is scattered in multiple countries around the world.
Old 01-13-2010
mzlady26

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

exactly and it is coming to verizon already comfirmed as well as vodafone... voadfone and verizon are each the largest in their country and vodafone the world so that will spike sales... im surprised they didnt sell more though since t- mobile is scattered in multiple countries around the world.
I think it's cause of the price and t-mobile don't have the best plans, I don't think they do...
Old 01-13-2010
Supporter/Designer

“ Originally Posted by mzlady26 View Post

I think it's cause of the price and t-mobile don't have the best plans, I don't think they do...
they have fair prices its just the coverage and the 3g areas on top of googles early termination fee for this phone on top of t-mobiles and the lack of advertisement
Old 01-13-2010
mzlady26

Default Re Re Nexus One Sold Only 20000 Units

they have fair prices its just the coverage and the 3g areas on top of googles early termination fee for this phone on top of t-mobiles and the lack of advertisement
All well that ends well.
Old 01-14-2010
Addict

join date  Join Date: February 27th, 2008
location  Location: Atlanta
post count  Posts: 374

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Iceman & Mzlady nailed it.

Little to no worthy advertising, TMO, lackluster device... Like I said earlier, the only really NEW thing on this that you can't get elsewhere is the OS and that'll be available to the masses really soon, if not already.

Just imagine if it'd had the advertising the Droid did, Sprint or Verizon, the TP2's sensational keyboard, and multi-touch.
THEN they'd have seen some sales. Hell, I'd have bought one and I HATE changing phones.
Old 01-14-2010
Supporter

Biography: Yes.

join date  Join Date: July 3rd, 2006
location  Location: Florida
post count  Posts: 1,842
Thanked 2,546 Times in 839 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Just to add the termination fees which is all over the net and tv. It made G4's A.O.T.S.'s news of the day. I can't say i'm surprised by the lack of sales. But at least it's selling. I'm sure once the word is spreads/ more carrier's sell them, the gross sales will increase. but just for now there are only a few members on this site, that use tmo.
Old 01-14-2010
Supporter/Designer

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Default Re Re Nexus One Sold Only 20000 Units

hahaha another to verizon.... see guys they arent that bad one by one im turning many from sprint hahahah do me wrong i do you wrong

im to about 100 users now :)

hey the sales for nexus will definitely improve once they reach verizon...but they should have released with verizon in us first and make tmobile wait till late spring if that at all
Old 01-14-2010
Supporter/Designer

Newblinkie Re Re Nexus One Sold Only 20000 Units

I know what the hell were they thinking with that move....so if you get a Nexus One and you try to cancel your service...Google will charge you a $350 fee and T-Mobile will charge you a $200 termination fee with a grand total of $550....well I looked into this myself and found out that as well all know, Google is selling the device themselves and not through tmobile directly in the tmobile stores...and you all know that carriers recoup there loss in susidizing the phones in either service costs or a termination fee if someone jumps the boat to soon in their contract...well how about this time around Google has stated that the reason they have the fee is because they are the ones providing the subsidy for the phones and that T-mobile is providing no subsidy and only providing service. So I can understand why google has to charge a fee if someone cancels early...but tmobile losses no money whether someone keeps device or cancels contract...they are just charging and early termination fee because it is standard procedure with any contract service according to them...that is a bunch of bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2010
Supporter

Biography: Yes.

join date  Join Date: July 3rd, 2006
location  Location: Florida
post count  Posts: 1,842
Thanked 2,546 Times in 839 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Default Re Re Re Nexus One Sold Only 20000 Units

“ Originally Posted by ICEM/\N View Post

I know what the hell were they thinking with that move....so if you get a Nexus One and you try to cancel your service...Google will charge you a $350 fee and T-Mobile will charge you a $200 termination fee with a grand total of $550....well I looked into this myself and found out that as well all know, Google is selling the device themselves and not through tmobile directly in the tmobile stores...and you all know that carriers recoup there loss in susidizing the phones in either service costs or a termination fee if someone jumps the boat to soon in their contract...well how about this time around Google has stated that the reason they have the fee is because they are the ones providing the subsidy for the phones and that T-mobile is providing no subsidy and only providing service. So I can understand why google has to charge a fee if someone cancels early...but tmobile losses no money whether someone keeps device or cancels contract...they are just charging and early termination fee because it is standard procedure with any contract service according to them...that is a bunch of bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
yep. just might as well buy the phone unlocked and use what ever carrier you want.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
000, nexus, sold, units